Injured or Sick animals

If you are worried about an animal or come across a sick, injured or deceased animal please contact the Livestock Welfare Officer as soon as possible. To prevent prolonged suffering it is helpful if you can supply us with good directions and if possible a grid reference. The colour and any visible marks are also helpful.

Road Traffic Collisions with Livestock

Livestock come within the remit of the legislation and is a reportable accident, so you are required by law to report it to the police. You should also contact the Livestock Welfare officer.

Important: Badgers are specially protected and it is an offence to possess one, dead or alive, (without the proper authority), so if you kill one, leave it at the roadside. If you are concerned, you can contact the police.

To report any animal welfare issues on the Bodmin Moor Commons please contact:

Julie Dowton BMCC Livestock Welfare 07703 468628
APHA (Animal and Plant Health Agency) Duty Vet 03000 200 301
Police 101 or if an emergency e.g. sheep worrying occurring 999 or
Fire 999 please report any suspect fires
Anti-Terrorist Hotline 0800 789 321
Crimestoppers 0800 555111